Only & Eve reed diffusers are crafted with great care to ensure we deliver a premium quality fragrance to your home. Our 200ml diffusers should last 12 weeks although many customers tell us they have lasted longer when following the care instructions.
They release scent to lift any room, disguise odours and often become a conversation point because of their ever-present fragrance. Over time, you'll become used to the scent they deliver and you'll find that new visitors to your home will frequently ask what is giving the delightful aroma to your home - and that's always a pleasant thing to hear.
How your diffuser delivers fragrance
Only & Eve diffusers use natural rattan reeds. When placed in the bottle and in contact with the oil, they draw the fragranced oil in and up through minuscule channels until it is diffused through a process of evaporation into the air at the exposed sections of the reeds.
The room that your diffuser is placed in will have a bearing on the time it takes for the scent to be diffused. It may be 24-48 hours before the fragrance diffuses and the room size will be a factor in how long it takes for you to notice the scent.
The reeds in your diffuser
All our diffusers are supplied with a capped tube in which there are 8 natural rattan reeds. We provide the tube for the safe storage of the reeds if you don't want to use them all. This is because the number of reeds you use will have an impact on the strength of scent the diffuser gives. The more you use, the stronger the scent.
If you don't wish to use all the reeds at once, keep the remaining reeds in the tube to prevent damage to them.
We recommend that you invert (flip the reeds, turn them upside down) the reeds every 2 weeks. Some people invert them more often, others less frequently. This doesn't need to be a military process of scheduling.
This helps maintain the diffusion process and can prevent reeds from 'clogging'. If reeds 'clog', it will be detrimental to the scent strength and you will need to replace the reeds.
Diffuser life and prolonging it
Whilst our diffusers are designed to the highest possible standard and should last 12 weeks (3 months), there are a variety of factors that contribute to the life you should expect.
The fragrance, reeds, number of reeds, location of the diffuser in a room, the temperature of a room and natural seasonal shifts, and other air factors will have an effect.
Scent diffusion will usually increase in the warmer months of summer, or a warmer room, and slow in winter/cooler months or particularly cold rooms. Air circulation will also have an effect on how noticeable the scent is (if there is a significant flow of air through a room then you may find that the scent circulates out of the room more quickly).
If you think the oil is diffusing too quickly, reduce the number of reeds in it.
General care and warnings
- Do not ingest the oil or put the reeds in your mouth
- Do not allow the oil to come into contact with polished surfaces; it may damage them.
- Wipe any residual oil from the bottom of the bottle before putting it down.
- Always position the bottle on a level and protected surface.
- Do not attempt to light the reeds.
- Keep the reeds away from exposed flames.
- Reed diffusers are highly flammable.
- Keep the bottle and reeds away from children and pets.
- The diffuser oil may cause an allergic skin reaction. In the event of skin or eye contact, rinse thoroughly with water. If skin irritation occurs seek medical advice/attention.
- In some cases, diffuser oil may be harmful to aquatic life with long-lasting effects. You should avoid release of the liquid into the environment and dispose of any remaining oil content in accordance with local regulations.
- Always read the diffuser warning labels on the base of the diffuser prior to first use. The labels vary in content depending on the oil/fragrance in the bottle. Do not automatically think that the warning will be the same on different fragrance diffusers.
It is important to us that you thoroughly enjoy your luxury scented reed diffuser. We believe we offer an exceptional customer service experience that is always open to feedback and will respond swiftly to any product concerns you have.
If you have any questions about your diffuser purchase, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.